Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Everyone Loves a Dupe: MAC All That Glitters

Although not my personal favorite, All That Glitters from MAC seems to be one of those shadows that everyone must have. And I'll admit, I am one of those people who got it because I, too, had to have it. But how would you feel to know that there is a substantially cheaper shadow that is almost identical? You'd feel silly for having spent $11 for All That Glitters? Yeah, me too.
In the swatch above, All That Glitters is on the right and a drugstore product on the left. I didn't use a primer on either one, so you can see both have good color payoff on their own. They also have the same finish and can be easily blended. The difference? About $7.
Recognize the packaging below?


The swatch on the left came from CoverGirl's eyeshadow in Mink. These shadows retail for between $3 and $4 at any drugstore. I will say that the MAC shadow is slightly more pigmented and smoother, but I wouldn't expect identical quality at such a price difference.

I have used both shadows many times, and both have lasted all day with a good primer. So why do you have to have All That Glitters? I have no idea.

3 comments:

  1. i bought All that glitters because everyone says it's a must have. i haven't use mine for more than 3x sigh! not my type

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lelila I try to use it because I do think it's a pretty color, but it's not the holy grail shade a lot of people make it out to be. I usually end up mixing it with other shades to make it really work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails