Sunday, June 6, 2010

I May Have Found the Best Brush Cleanser Ever...

We all know the importance of deep cleaning our makeup brushes - it's completely necessary in order to get off any built up product and remove any germs that may be lurking about.

I'd been using Johnson's baby shampoo for about a year since it's gentle and all; and when I first started using it, I thought it seemed to be doing a good enough job. However, after a few months, I realized that the hair was slowly being stripped of moisture that wasn't being replaced by the shampoo leaving my bristles dry, sharp, and unpleasant to use. I looked around for a cleanser meant for makeup brushes, but all the ones I found seemed too pricey for what they were. But now, I think I've found the answer.

And I found it in the art store.


It's the Mona Lisa Pink Soap - meant for cleansing painting brushes. But if you think about it, what's really the difference? This bottle is 8 oz., and I only paid about $7 for it! The two things that drew me to it in the store were that the bottle said it would also condition my brushes as well as cleanse them and the smell. Yes, the smell. In my experience, a lot of artist brush cleansers have a harsh scent - either like chemicals or alcohol. This one, however, had a light sweet smell - not something that I'll mind washing brushes that I'll be touching my face with.

After a few months of using it, I can honestly say that this stuff does an amazing job of getting my brushes clean and, the best part, it has re-moisturized the bristles to where they're now softer than when I first got them, but it's never left them feeling at all greasy. It only takes a little bit - I can wash about 7 eye brushes with a dime-sized amount - so the bottle will last me forever. And for any that may be concerned, the package says that it contains no chlorides, alkalis, phosphates, solvents, or alcohol. Sounds good to me.

If that's not enough, it says this can also be used to clean oils, acrylics, and watercolor as well as greasy stove tops and carpet stains... Weird, no? But it works!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you convinced me!! lol ! I'm not gonna find the same brand here in Greece, but I'm sure I can find something similar! Thanks!! ;)

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails