Saturday, June 26, 2010

Review: Aussie Aussome Volume shampoo

We all want what we can't have, don't we?

I have extremely fine hair that's almost always soft. The fineness is what makes it so soft - but it also makes it flat - and dammit, I would give some of the softness up just to get a little bit of volume. I lust after thick hair like none other! So, in another blind attempt at making my hair appear thicker, I picked up a bottle of Aussie's Aussome Volume shampoo. I'm a fan of some of their products, so I thought why not give it a try?The verdict? Not for me, but I can see it working for some people. Using this left my hair feeling dry (and made it more frizz prone) - even at the scalp which never happens to me. This gives me the impression that the shampoo works to "volumize" the hair by removing any excess gunk (my scientific word) that may be weighing the hair down. So, in essence, it's working like a cleanser.

If you think your hair is getting bogged down by excess build-up, I'd say go ahead and give it a try. It runs for less than $5, so you're not out much if it doesn't work. But if you don't have a problem with build-up, skip out on it because it probably will leave your hair feeling dry like it did to me. I'll be trying to use more moisturizing products over the next few days to try and undo the damage.

My quest for gorgeous, voluminous hair continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails