Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Adding a Bit of Shimmer

I know a lot of people swear by bronzers and highlights, but I've never really bothered with either. When I saw this product for the first time the other day, though, I thought I'd give them a chance.

This is the Sun Loving Minerals: Mineral Bronzing Powder from Prestige in Pure Shimmer.


There were 2 other shades as well - both bronzy tans - but this one really drew in my attention.


Rather than being one dominant color with veining of another shade running through it as many other mineralized face products are, this one is more equal parts of a white gold and a light bronzy pink swirled together. Lovely!


When applied opaquely, it seems that most of the pink tones get lost, and it comes across as more of the white gold shade.


What I found interesting was that in places where the light was not directly hitting it, the color almost blended into my skin, but then it has a high sheen wherever the light does hit. If applied with a light touch, it makes a very nice highlight for above the cheekbone. I think it would also be nice if you wanted a bit of shimmer to your brow highlight, but didn't want the color that would come with a shimmery eyeshadow.

It was about $12 - a bit on the high side for a drugstore product, but I like it. The looks of it remind me of the MAC Mineralized Skin Finishes, but I don't have one to compare it to so I can't say with complete certainty that they're comparable. But, if you did want to dabble with a highlight, this will certainly cost you less to play with.

I wouldn't say that this (or any highlighter) is a must-have. I've managed to live 23 years without one! But this one is definitely nice if you want to add a bit of shimmer.

Maybe I'll go back for the other two shades eventually to see what they can do for me.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! It made me go right out & get it. I really like it. Milani has a new bronzer line too. I got that also..I believe there are 3 shades too. Keep up the great job! Hugs,Ter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome :) So glad you like it, too! Have you tried out the one you got from Milani? I'd love to know what you think of it and how it compares to this Prestige one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Milani one too. I looove highlighters. The Milani has a more bronzed effect. I also like Revlon's Colorstay Mineral Finishing powder...it is a pink highlighter & light in color like the Prestige one. Believe it or not...Bonne Bell has one called Blend 'n Glow. It has 4 seperate colors that when swirled together give a nice highlighting effect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails