Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Drugstore Dupe for MAC's All That Glitters

This is actually something that I've posted on before (if you want to see the original, go here), but I posted it back before I really had any subscribers and, since this is such a popular shade, I thought it was worth addressing again. I did take new photos for this, though!

I think that All That Glitters was actually the first MAC eyeshadow shade I ever knew by name - whenever I saw anyones MAC favorites list, this always seemed to come up. I did eventually get it, but I know that there are many people who don't want to pay $11 for an eyeshadow.


So here is All That Glitters (in its pan form) next to its drugstore cousin - CoverGirl's eyeshadow single in Mink. Tell me they don't look the same...

And I know some of you are probably saying, 'well, they look the same in the pan, but there's no way the drugstore shadow has adequate pigmentation'. Au contraire, my friend.



On the left is the MAC and CG is on the right. No primer or base used - just the shadows standing on their own. Pretty good, huh? Same undertones, same finish, almost the same pigmentation (MAC was one swipe, CG took two).

To be fair, I will point out that the CG shadow isn't quite as smooth and creamy as the MAC, but at less than $4 I'm alright with it. I only really know about that difference through making the swatch with my finger. The CG still applies very easily and doesn't require building like some other drugstore shadows.

I've worn both of them for entire days without creasing or fading (using primer).

If you've wanted to try this color but aren't interested in paying for MAC, this is definitely a good buy. This shade has actually been in CoverGirl's line for years and is very easy to find if you're interested in finding it.

Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. do you have a Cover Girl dupe for Naked Lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have Naked Lunch to compare it to other shadows. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This CG shade was in October (Or September's?) Allure magazine. They say it gives runway models a nice sheen on their eyes. For about $3 you can't beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I don't read Allure that often, so thanks for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks sooo much for this. I found your post while doing a search in google for all that glitters. I'm going to get the CG one instead now :)

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a lifesaver! I've come thisclose to buying All That Glitters, but I'm trying to cut back on my spending. I'm gonna try this. You're swatches convinced me! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails