Friday, August 13, 2010

Quick Review: Palladio Eye Liners

I'd heard quite a few good things about the Palladio brand and have had good experiences with a few of their other products; so when my Ulta had a 3 for 2 special on Palladio products awhile ago, I decided to try out their eye liners.

For most makeup products, I believe that good quality items exist in the drugstore, but I have yet to find a really excellent eye liner (not in liquid form). I didn't really realize how nice liner formulations could be until I tried a few higher end ones, and I am still looking for the more affordable dupe. Would it be from Palladio? For $3 per liner, that'd be a good deal.

Here are the 3 that I'd picked up.


The biggest downside I saw, at first, was that they weren't retractable. I like those types simply because I am lazy and like not having to sharpen them. However, if they turned out to be good quality, I could deal.



So, the verdict?

They are not my dupe...


The two swatches for each shade represent two different things. The thicker, pigmented lines to each left is the color that can be gotten from the liners. The smaller, dinky lines to each right is the color that I can get if applied with the maximum pressure I would be comfortable applying to the eye area. That color that can be gotten requires intense pressure and going back and forth multiple times across the skin. I don't mind doing this on my hand for the sake of a swatch, but never on the eye! Even for the 'dinky' lines, I went across 2 or 3 times.

Another reason I chose to do both is that I can see someone else doing a hand test of these and getting excited about the color they think they are going to get from them - maybe even convicing someone else they should get them based on that experience.

Bottom line - they're nowhere near soft enough for the area they're intended. In addition to the pressure needed for good pigmentation from them, you would also have to pull your lid very tightly in order to apply that pressure - not good.

Pass on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails