Friday, August 27, 2010

Wet n Wild's ColorIcon Palette in Vanity

As much as I love finding good quality products at the drugstore, I've always been frustrated at how difficult it is to find well pigmented, matte eyeshadow there. It's pretty simple to find good quality shimmery shades, but matte finishes are few and far between. Finally, I've found some that fit the bill.

The ColorIcon six shadow palettes from Wet n Wild provide a mix with 3 shimmery shades and 3 matte.


This one is called Vanity (nice name, huh?). I know the state of mine is a bit rough, but that's because it's been used quite a bit! This is a really nice little palette if you want one item that can give you a neutral, smokey look at a very affordable price - these only run for about $4.99.



I really like that this includes both matte and shimmery finishes because I think that using a little of both is both more flattering and gives more dimension than using only one or the other. Using all mattes can look a bit flat, while using all shimmer can look like too much, but combining the two gives the best of both worlds and creates balance.

When I first saw this in the store, I didn't have high hopes for the pigmentation of all of these - surely there would be at least one bad one, right?


Nope. They all have nice pigmentation, and most are surprisingly smooth for such an inexpensive product. The only shade I haven't gotten much use out of is the orange/yellow shimmery shade in the middle, but that's only because I don't find it very flattering on my skin tone. I think it could be gorgeous on someone with very dark skin.

I would definitely recommend this palette!

Thanks for reading.

*To see all my posts on the ColorIcon palettes, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I have all four of these & there is not one bad color in the bunch. Amazing & even more amazing is the price. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish wet 'n wild was available in Greece!! :( nice review Caitlin! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails