Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jordana Pretty Shine - An Exfoliator Posing as a Gloss

If you frequent Walgreens, you've no doubt noticed the section of Jordana cosmetics. I've walked past them many times but never bothered to really give them a look; but a few days ago I thought, 'why not?'. All of their products are inexpensive, so it'd be great if some holy grail product was hiding in its ranks.

I picked up the INCOLOR by Jordana Pretty Shine Luxury Gloss in Lovely. Quite a name, huh?


I chose this one because it seemed to be neither too dark nor too light - a nice place between dark pink and red with some pretty sparkle. After swatching, let's rethink that - make that lots of sparkle.


Granted it is still a very pretty color, but it has a bit too much glitter in it for my taste. If that was where my issue with this stopped, I would say go for it if you are into the uber-sparkle look. However, the glitter in this gloss is chunky (i.e. gritty), and it felt like I was swiping on a mild exfoliator rather than a gloss.


And with reflects as big as these, they will reflect large amounts of light. For a special occasion, this much might be alright, but for everyday it reminds me of those chunky monkey glitter glosses that we played with as little girls.

However, if you do come across a color that you absolutely love - go ahead and try it out! At only $1.99, you're not out much if it turns out to be a bust, and there's always the possibility that this glitter won't be in all of them. But, if it is there - one final caution about it...


That stuff doesn't want to come off even when you wipe away the gloss!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails