Monday, November 1, 2010

Belated Halloween Nail of the Day

I hope you all had excellent Halloweens this weekend filled with candy - whether gotten door-to-door or purchased yourself. I definitely partook in some sugar.

I also celebrated the holiday by donning shade-appropriate polish.

This is China Glaze's Ick-a-bod-y - the third and last from their Halloween Awakening Collection.


You can't go wrong with orange for that day, right? I was impressed that this only took 2 coats for good coverage. In my experience, polishes that are mostly glitter generally require many more.

The polish does leave a slightly bumpy texture but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be given how large the glitters are. Applying a top coat twice easily evens it out.

Another thing I really like about this is that the orange is closer to a copper than many of the yellow-based oranges associated with Halloween (think candy corn orange). This deeper undertone makes the shade less garish and appropriate to wear throughout fall rather than being color-confined to Halloween.
  
*If you want to see the other two polishes from the Awakening collection -
 Zombie Zest is here.
 Mummy May I is here.

What do you think of this shade? Would you wear it?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails