Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Two Favorite (Perfume) Stores in the World

Ok, kids, you can stop holding your breath. Here is the post I promised about my favorite stores, not only at Disney, but in the world; and it has nothing to do with the Mouse.

In case you don't know this about me, I really love perfume - arguably more than I love makeup. I know. Shocking.

If you're a fellow perfume lover, Epcot has quite a few shops that you will want to pay a visit. Italy has a perfume shop if you are looking for Bvlgari, Versace or Pucci; and England has you covered if you're interested in Burberry. However, my two draws lie in France.

As I said, I am an avid perfume lover, and my scent universe revolves around the two following stores. Big words, I know.

Plume et Palette and the Guerlain Signature store

The first carries high end French perfume lines such as Chanel and Dior, but my interest in them specifically lies in their Givenchy. If you visit this store, please ask about Givenchy's Harvest Collection. Every bottle released in this line is limited edition as the formulations are slightly changed every year. If you would like me to elaborate on how this line works, I will be glad to do so in another post; but for now, I'll just say the perfumes in this line are very special.

They can be difficult to find in that they are not sold at just every perfume counter that offers Givenchy perfumes, and not many know about them since the company does (to my knowledge) no advertisements on it. It's a line you learn about through some one rather than some ad.

front of Plume et Palette

side entrance of the shop


The second is obviously a Guerlain store. If you're interested, the store carries the brand's full line of cosmetics; but, if you're like me, you'll go for the wall and table to the left of the store.

If you only check out one thing in here, I recommend the Aqua Allegoria line. It was originally introduced in 1999 and was meant to break away from the heavy, vanilla-based scents that Guerlain was known for (such as Shalimar) and appeal to a younger audience. Each is meant to celebrate natural notes and raw materials.

I am younger, and I find it appealing, so I guess their strategy worked. This year I picked up Flora Nymphea with notes of orange blossom, syringa flower, and honey from this line.

the wall

the table (i.e. perfume heaven)

Although I own quite a few perfumes, the small handful that make up my favorites have all come from these two stores.

And a shopping extra

In case you really need a break from the Disney environment, and Epcot just isn't enough of an escape, there is an amazing outlet mall right outside Disney property.

Though not my first time to Disney, it was my first stop at this outlet because I didn't even know it existed until we happened to drive past it on the way to our hotel. How fortuitous, right?!

The Orlando Premium Outlets has 150 stores including Burberry, Dior, Michael Kors, and Swarovski. If you want to see the full list of stores, check out their list here. I didn't buy much at these stores but had loads of fun looking around!

The one store that I did do some wallet damage in was the Cosmetics Company Outlet! I'd never been to one before, so it was a real treat to play around in there. There is also a Lancome outlet there, but I was extremely disappointed in it. The selection wasn't good and it was terribly unorganized. The CCO is much more worth your time.

I hope you enjoyed this little rundown of stores. I hope you'll take them into account if you visit Orlando. You won't regret it. : )

And if you've ever visited any of them, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails