Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Nails

I wanted to do something special for New Years, and what does special entail? Glitter.


I wanted to use a simple black cream as a base color. The first one I found was Black Creme (fitting name for what I wanted, eh?) from Wet n Wild, so I just went for that. It only required 2 coats for opaque coverage but took its own sweet time to dry, so I don't think I would suggest/repurchase it. Any black polish would do.


Loads of people do black and silver for New Years, so I wanted to add something else to make it a bit different. I thought another cool toned glitter would make it more special but still 'blend' with the silver, so I grabbed a blue glitter.

The silver glitter is Tinsel from China Glaze and the blue is Absolutely Alice from OPI. I believe both of these are limited edition (though I know I've seen Tinsel still available in some places recently). No worries, though if you can't get these. Any silver and blue glitters would do.

Tinsel (China Glaze) and Absolutely Alice (OPI)
I tried to make the glitter thinner near the base of the nail and thicker as it got towards the tip. Silver was completely done first, then the blue.
It's very simple, but still really pretty.

I'm not looking forward to trying to remove this stuff later, but I'm going to enjoy the glittery goodness for now!

What are your New Years nails? I'd love to know!

5 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I'm so mad that mine turned out badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is 4 sure perfect for NYE! btw happy new year! may it be as fabulous as you wish and that all your dreams and wishes come true!
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beauty Reductionista Thank you! Mine didn't turn out quite as I'd planned either. I guess we all judge our work more harshly than others.

    @Mina Thank you, hun. And what a lovely wish! I hope the same for you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!! Fabulous for a fun night out too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails