Saturday, December 4, 2010

There's a NARS Dupe in Snow Sprite

If you've been following the craze on the Wet n Wild Christmas palettes for the past few weeks, you've probably seen many posts of excited bloggers stumbling across dupes of higher end shadows hiding in them - predominantly MAC dupes. In my last post on Wet n Wild's Snow Sprite palette, I said that I might have found a new one that no one else seems to have spotted yet.

After some closer checking, I was right. There's a NARS dupe hiding in Snow Sprite.

On the left is NARS' Night Flight and Snow Sprite is on the right. This Night Flight is in the 9947 palette, but this shade can also be purchased in a single - for $23.

Here are swatches with NARS again on the left and WnW on the right. Both have the same dry feel to them, but are still nicely pigmented for shadows this dark.

*applied with no primer or base

In order to push the test a bit further, I tried them both over a white cream base to give the powder and shimmer something to really stick to.

*both applied over NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Milk

If I'm very picky about the comparison, I would say that the blue shimmer in Night Flight is more concentrated, but this only shows up when the two are applied over cream and really packed on. Without the help of a sticky base, they look identical.

Overall, I would say that this is an excellent dupe. I think that most people would use these sorts of shades to deepen an outer corner or lash line rather than packing them on over a large area, so the glitter difference would never come up for most people.

It also doesn't hurt that the entire Wet n Wild palette is $18 cheaper than the NARS single.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails