Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wet n Wild's Holiday Palette in Night Elf

No real introduction necessary. Here's the Night Elf palette from Wet n Wild's holiday collection.

On to the pictures!





All of the shadows have a smooth, relatively creamy feel to them except for the black shade which feels a bit dry but still applies pretty nicely - similarly to how the dark blue in the Snow Sprite palette applies. Even though the red is creamy, it doesn't apply quite as smoothly as the others and would require a bit more building to get even coverage.





You have probably heard that the darker brown shade with the teal duochrome is a good dupe for MAC's Club eyeshadow. I don't own Club, so I can't confirm this first hand, though I've seen a few side by side comparisons that other bloggers have done, and it looks pretty good to me.



And of course, this set also comes with a liner - this one a black with silver sparkle. I've said before that I'm not the biggest fan of these liners but, let's face it, we're all in it for the shadows.


and a look

The other day, I chose to do a look using the three shades on the neutral side of the palette.

You ladies are clever enough to know which went where. ; )




It's certainly nothing ground breaking, but it works very well for a neutral eye that needs to be done on the quick!

If you want to see all of my posts on these Wet n Wild Christmas palettes, click here!

*all swatches were done with no primer or base

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I own this palette :) It's so pretty! Have I ever told you that you have gorgeous eyes? I'm super jealous!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stavroula
    I'm so glad you were able to get the palettes that you wanted from this series! This is definitely the most unique of the four, so I totally understand why you're happy about it :)
    And thanks so much for the lovely compliment! Definitely a nice ego boost, but I have to say that the makeup is probably helping out a bit in that area :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails