Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wet n Wild's Holiday Palette in Snow Sprite

On to Wet n Wild Christmas palette number 2!

Snow Sprite








When I first picked this up at the store, I wasn't really sure about it. I'm not one to wear blue or light green shadows, but that dark green really pulled me in. That and it being only $5 and limited edition - I picked it up just in case. I'm definitely glad about the decision.

As you can see in the swatches, the blues actually come across closer to silver on the skin. Blue, I'm not so fond of, but silver is definitely ok with me!

The two lighter greens are all about the shimmer. When in shadow, their color doesn't really show up very much, but when light hits them, a ton of micro glitter shows up and just looks like it's sparkling. I think the lighter of the two would make a gorgeous inner corner highlight at a holiday party if you wanted something a little different.

And I was right - I love that dark green!

All 5 of these shadows have a very smooth, creamy texture except for the dark blue. However, that blue still manages to be extremely pigmented even though it feels dry. Strange, eh? But it works! And it's gorgeous to boot. Even though it looks blue in the pan, it swatches like a black with loads of blue sparkle. I see dotting this on top of eye liner!

The liner in this kit is silver with some sparkles to it. To be honest, I haven't tried this particular liner on the lid yet, but I did try one from one of the other holiday kits and wasn't completely in love with it. Although it does look lovely, it pulled a bit too much for my liking, but I think they would work just fine if you wanted to use them on the lower lash line (I don't find that I have to work as hard to get pencil to apply there - maybe because I'm not trying to make it as dark as on the upper line?) If only they were creamier, these kits would be absolute perfection.

All in all, I whole-heartedly suggest this palette. For $4.99, you really can't go wrong with these shadows- especially if you're interested in silvers (and that gorgeous dark green) for the holidays!

In addition, I think there's a high end dupe hiding in here that I haven't seen anyone else mention yet. I'll post about it next!

Thanks for reading!

Are you interested in these holiday palettes? Already own any of them? Let me know!

*I've already reviewed the holiday palette in Golden Goddess here if you're interested in that one.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the swatches! i love the green with a golden sheen :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only LE palette I didn't get, I wasn't thrilled with the swatches I had seen online! That dark green is really pretty though, you're right ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jennifer no problem! I'll make sure to do the remaining two palettes soon. Thanks for the comment :)

    @Stavroula aw. sorry to hear that. I suppose the shades in this one are more polarizing than in the others - you either like those sorts of colors or you don't. I'm definitely a sucker for those deep greens, though :P I'm glad you were able to get the ones you were interested in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for deep greens as well, but the rest of the colors in this palette were just meeeh ! I'm really glad I got these amazing palettes as well :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails