Sunday, January 30, 2011

7 Facts About Me

I was tagged by a fellow blogger called Bonny Binnacle to do the ‘7 Facts’ post and awarded the Stylish Blogger Award. Pretty snazzy, eh? I've not done any tags before on here nor have I talked much about myself outside of my beauty related experiences, so I hope you enjoy this.

stylishbloggeraward
   


Now let’s see if I can think of that many facts worth knowing!!












1. Possibly the most important thing you should know about me – I am a nerd of sorts. While not a tech or math buff; I like to think I am relatively smart and take great pride in my education, I like video games (though I don’t allow myself much time to play), and I absolutely love books – I possibly buy them more often than I do makeup. If I had to choose one Disney princess to be, I’d be Belle because she got this:

library
 Anyone else want to go explore in there?

2. I love scary movies. I’m not sure why as none of my friends ever have, so I usually end up watching them alone (thank goodness they don’t give me nightmares!), but I really do enjoy a good scare. However, I have to say that I much prefer thriller or psychological horror to ones that resort to gore or shock. I feel like those are cheap scare tactics used by lazy directors and writers.

3. I have a terribly dry, sarcastic sense of humor that I have to be very careful with. The only way to know I am being sarcastic is to recognize that what I’m saying is out of character for me. Therefore, if someone doesn’t know my character, they might just think I’m a horrible person. This means that I only bring it out around people who really know me; so if you ever hear me say something terribly mean, you'll know you and I are friends ; )

4. I absolutely love coffee. While I wouldn’t consider myself a true coffee snob, I take mine pretty seriously and won’t really touch the instant stuff. I’ve actually gotten to where I like my own coffee more than Starbucks’ (my wallet appreciates this, too). However, caffeine has absolutely no effect on me; it never has. When I was young, I could drink soda and not get at all hyper; and now, I can drink espresso and go to sleep. I like to think that I am one of the only people in the world who drinks coffee solely for the taste.

5. And speaking of soda, I haven’t had any in 3 years. I used to drink (at least) 3 cans of diet Mt. Dew a day, but decided that I should quit after reading reports that some of the chemicals in soda could potentially be bad for your health. Despite being a heavy soda drinker, I quit cold turkey and had no problems with it. This is possibly due to caffeine not affecting me the way it does most people – it had never helped me with getting energy, so I couldn’t miss it for that, and I also never had any withdrawal headaches.

6. I judge your poor spelling. I see loads of people lashing back at others who correct them, saying things like I don’t care if it’s wrong. What’s it to you? Well… your poor grammar offends me. If you don’t recognize the difference between who’s and whose, to and too, affect and effect, their and they’re, then we absolutely cannot be friends, and I’d prefer you not speak to me (anyone recognize the sarcasm here?) But in all seriousness, if you ever see a mistake that I’ve made, please inform me immediately – I will take personal offense if I find out you didn’t.

7. I am an INFJ. This is one of the 16 personality types in the Myers-Briggs Personality Test. I took the official test when I was in high school, and the description fits me very well. If you want to know more about me, you can go look that up.

The official guidelines of this tag say that you are supposed to tag 15 recently discovered bloggers to continue the post. Unfortunately, I am not lucky enough to have adequate free time to spend on here and discover that many amazing new writers.

Therefore, I will just tag everyone – including you.

If you do the tag, I would love to know about it, so please leave a link to your post so I can read it, and feel free to say I tagged you (I’ll back you up on it). Or, if you know of any bloggers you think I would enjoy, please leave me a link to them so I can check them out.

I hope you feel like you know me a bit better now. It was easier to think of 7 things than I thought, and I actually had to edit some out, so perhaps I’ll do this again some time in the future.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. This is kind of eerie, but aside from #2, I could have written your entire post. I try to dial down #3 to avoid miscommunication, but yeah, it's there. Great to know more about you! Always loved your spelling and grammar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you're so cute Caitlin :) Poor spelling gets on my nerves too, I can't help it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty Reductionista: haha Maybe we're blog twins. I definitely have to be careful with #3; most people will never see that part of my humor - I always err on the side of caution with it. Glad you enjoy my mad grammar skills ;)

    Stavroula: Glad I'm not alone! I never call people out on it since I know they get offended (though I don't know why they do), but it definitely rubs me the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails