Thursday, January 20, 2011

Birthday Acquisitions from Sephora

I haven’t mentioned this yet, but in case you are interested, my birthday is in 4 days! Yay for being wiser – although I don’t know how I feel about the changing number : / But I digress -
In celebration of me, I put in an order with Sephora, and it finally came. Woohoo! Can you feel the excitement? If not, then you’ve obviously never gotten a box from Sephora!

DSC04960

Vanilla Birthday Cake Shampoo, Shower Gel, & Bubble Bath by Philosophy

DSC04961

This was my free birthday gift from Sephora for being a Beauty Insider. This is a free program to sign up for, so if you haven’t already, what are you waiting for?

Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rollerball perfume

Over the past few months, people seem to have been going mad for this fragrance. Never wanting to feel out of the perfume loop, I searched for it in store just to be able to test it, but I could never find it! After a few months of being on the lookout with no luck, I decided to order the cheapest version of it to see what the fuss was about. The rollerball is only $22 versus the bottled version where the smallest size is $50.

Pacifica Body Butters in Tuscan Blood Orange and Indian Coconut Nectar

DSC04963

Pacifica is a brand that I’ve often heard raves about the scents of their products but had never had the opportunity to test out. These little tubes were only $5 each, so I thought it would be a nice way to introduce myself to the brand. And, in addition to having loads of rave reviews from other customers, the formulation had a good ‘no list’ -
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

I’m still on the search for good products that are sulfate free (and I don’t mind that parabens and petrochemicals are missing either), so I may also get to find some holy grail items in the process.

Philosophy Sparkle and Joy Set for Beauty Insiders

DSC04964

Again, for those of you who don’t know about the Beauty Insider program at Sephora, you get points every time you shop there – 1 point per dollar. I feel a little embarrassed to say this, but this set is the current 500 point perk on the website  -_-

It’s a little scary to know I’ve spent that much money with them, but this is the first time I’ve ever redeemed my points in the years I’ve shopped there, so that makes it a little better… a little.

I decided to get this because it has the Christmas themed shower gels from Philosophy, and I love Christmas scents. I’ve never tried any of them because I can never bring myself to spend the money for them, but I know a lot of people love these scents, so I thought this was a nice way to try them!
The four shower gel scents are
  1. Vanilla Birthday Cake (guess I have 2 now)
  2. Candy Cane
  3. Peppermint Bark
  4. the Gingerbread Man
Like I said, I’ve never used or smelled any of these, and they’re all sealed so I’m having a difficult time deciding which to try first since I can’t choose by scent.
Do any of you have a suggestion for which I should try first?

It also comes with a gloss in Peppermint Bark. I've never heard anything about Philosophy's glosses, so it will be interesting to try.

So those are my new, fun things! I hope you enjoyed :)
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Woo! Happy birthday, Caitlin! :D

    I like the Vanilla Birthday Cake but it's very very sweet-smelling. It's fine for a shower gel, though. I'm not crazy about Christmas-scents but I've always wanted to try the Pacifica stuff. Love anything blood orange and coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A vanilla birthday cake shower gel sounds AMAZING! You've got to use that on your birthday. All of them sound pretty lush really. Hope you have a lovely birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beauty Reductionista Oh, I'm a huge sucker for Christmas scented stuff. Anything that smells of cinnamon or pine tress - I'm all over it. haha. And I'll be sure to review the Pacifica lotions after I use them awhile!

    @Emily Thanks so much, hun! I'll probably just end up randomly picking one to try first since I can't seem to make a solid decision on them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails