Thursday, January 6, 2011

More Metallics - Revlon's Copper Penny Polish

This is Copper Penny - another polish from Revlon's Heavenly Metal line.


I don't have much to say about it because, well, I don't really love it. Although it's a very pretty color and only took two coats for perfect coverage, it's just not a good color for me. I think there's just too much orange in it to really mesh with my skin.

But I think that for someone with deeper coloring and warm undertones - hello, gorgeous!


Although it doesn't work well as an all over shade for me, I think I'll eventually try it out with stamping. Perhaps it will work better for me as an accent shade.

And as an update to the Gold Coin polish (shown at the end of this post); it acted just as a true glitter polish would as far as removal goes. It was a big pain in the butt, and I ended up going at it with pure acetone because I knew my regular remover would take forever and a day to finish. That's definitely not a deal breaker in my opinion, but something to be aware of before using it.

What do you ladies think of it? Love it or no?

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a slightly coppery version of my MAC "Soiree" and I probably won't like it on me, either! It's funny, though, because it looks great on you based on the pics (which is what you had said to me!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty Reductionista: That's so weird! Maybe it's the nature of such close-up photos. They don't show enough skin with the polish to really show the meh-ness of the relationship.

    I've just gone back and looked at your post again. I think before, I focused on the closer photos where you could really see the polish shade well; but now that I look more closely at the last picture, I think I see more what you mean.
    Tricky tricky photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my.... I also think it looks great on you! Same thing as MAC Soiree for Beauty Reductionista... I think I will have to buy a similar polish and test it and see if I don't like it on me and if you two will! We should end up doing the "gold experiment"... hahahaha
    You should def. try it for stamping - I believe it would be alright.

    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the greatest of cameras, so that's another problem right there. But I definitely agree with Beauty Addict this will make a great stamping accent polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty Addict: haha that would be interesting to see. The great gold experiment of 2011. I'm actually quite fond of more white golds with my skin, but the orange undertoned ones just don't seem to work.

    Beauty Reductionista: I'm really hoping so! It's such a pretty shade on its own that I'd hate to not be able to find some way to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails