Friday, January 14, 2011

The Pink Polish for Girls Who Don't Like Pink

I seem to be one of only a small handful of girls who doesn't really love pink, but I think I've found a pink polish that I can live with.


This is Raisin the Bar, one of the Complete Salon Manicure polishes from Sally Hansen. I actually picked this up thinking it wasn't really a pink, but more of a dusty mid toned rose. Yea... in certain lights, it's pink.


In very intense light, it does read as pink, but it's a very soft shade of it - not one that would compete with the rest of my everyday color scheme.

However, in less intense light it goes back to that muted color that I was first expecting.


In the first photo, you may notice that this polish has loads of silver micro-glitter, but it doesn't really transfer over on application; it's only noticeable if you look extremely closely. The overall effect looks more like a pearlized finish than a glittery one.

I used three coats on this, but I purposefully made each coat extremely thin. The polish seemed very thick, and I was afraid that if I didn't apply it this way, the drying time would be unbearable for each coat.

Overall, I'm quite happy with it. If I am to have a pink polish in my collection, I'm glad it's this one.

What do you think of this shade?
Is anyone else less than enthusiastic about pink?

2 comments:

  1. I don't like pink very much either, but when I do it, I like to go all the way to the extreme and pick hot pink. lol

    What do you think of the wear on these SH Complete polishes? Without base/top coat, I had a chip in two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha So pink is your go big or go home beauty statement. If you ever see me in hot pink anything, you'll know I've been styled against my will :P

    This is the first I've used one of these polishes, so no set opinions yet; though this is the end of day two, and no chips, but I can already see a bit of tip wear. Maybe next time I'll go for a top coat regardless of their claims.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails