Sunday, February 27, 2011

Want to Try Some Benefit?

Hi, ladies!

There is no review or personal opinion of any sort in this post, but I wanted to share some deals I came across for Benefit Cosmetics when I was perusing Sephora’s website.


Benefit to go

This set contains:
- 0.09 oz. Stay Don't Stray
- 0.11 oz. Erase Paste in Medium
- 0.11 oz. Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in R.S.V.P.

What really caught my attention about this set was the cream shadow. I’ve heard loads of good things about them, but haven’t been able to bring myself to pay the $19 for the full size. What’s interesting is that the full sized cream shadow contains .16 oz. If you calculate what the sample would cost at the same price per oz. of the full size, it would cost $13.06. Just for the shadow! Check my math if you’d like. So, with this set you’ve already gotten more than your money’s worth with the shadow, plus the shadow primer and erase paste thrown in.

I’m also curious about how well the Stay Don’t Stray will work out since I’m pretty devoted to my UDPP; and even though the erase paste may not match me, I figure that I’ll get a good idea about how I like its coverage and texture. And since I’ve already gotten good value for money, I won’t mind if I have to toss it due to a color mismatch.



tints

This set contains:
- 0.13 oz. Posietint (poppy pink)
- 0.13 oz. High Beam (shimmering pale pink)
- 0.13 oz. Benetint (rose)
 
Again, loads of girls swear by these, but the full High Beam is $24 and the two Tints are $28 each. A bit pricey for me. I don’t know why they’re all different (perhaps they're measured by mass, not volume?), but at full size, you get:
  Posietint:  .42 oz.
  High Beam: .45 oz.
  Benetint:   .4 oz..

So, you’re getting slightly less than 1/3 of each product for less than 1/5 of what you’d pay if you purchased all three full sized.


I’ve ordered both sets, but haven’t received them yet. I wanted to go ahead and share these deals with you now though since both are limited edition; so once they’re gone, they’re gone. This way you all will have more time to get your hands on them if you’re interested.

I’ve never used any of these products in-depth (only sampled a few times), so I can’t give any recommendation of which is more worth your time or the better buy (sorry!). Once they arrive and I’ve tried them out for awhile, I’ll be sure to let you know if any of them stand out to me (whether in a good or bad way!).

Let me know if you partake in either of these deals or if one of them holds a favorite product of yours!

Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. I have the first set from the first time they offered it and it really is such a great deal! I don't use enough of the product to ever get close to finishing a full size, so this was perfect. I really liked all three (primer, erase paste, shadow) but my fave is the shadow. I liked it enough to buy a full size of it in Skinny Jeans, which gets a lot of raves. Love! As for the primer potion, it holds up nearly as well as UDPP if not the same. The applicator is definitely much easier to work with. I liked the Erase Paste, too, but it remains very creamy on the skin and after smiling and laughing, I noticed it creases with the lines around the eyes though it covers dark circles terrifically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I got the cream shadow a while ago & always forget to use it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reductionista: I'm even more excited for them to get here now! And thanks for the warning on the erase paste; I'll make sure to set it really well and check it often on the first run. I definitely don't want to be walking about with creased concealer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DTalksAll: haha That happens to me sometimes, too. I'll tell myself that I need to be using a particular product more often, but then forget to when I'm actually getting ready.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails