Saturday, March 19, 2011

Acquisitions: Wax of Bees and Typewriter Keys

So today I went to a craft show. I like to try to go to these in an effort to support artisans, but normally don’t have very high hopes for them. When did so many crafters get into large, bulbous jewelry and monogramming everything? But it’s still worth a shot; you never know when you’ll find something interesting.

And I did!


One pound of pure bee’s wax. I have absolutely no idea what I’m going to do with it, but hopefully an internet search will give me some ideas… hopefully easy ones.

And the better of the two things -



At first glance, this may look like just a normal bracelet, but take a guess what the pieces are made from. Ah, but I guess I gave it away in the title…

Recycled typewriter keys! How cool is that?





Although I saw more than my share of gaudy jewelry and monogrammed… everything, I still had fun looking around.

Any ideas on what I can do with the beeswax?

And are you one of those people who must have your name on everything? (Because if you are, you and I can’t be friends, and it’s best we learn this now.)

But thanks for reading anyway! Smile with tongue out

4 comments:

  1. I am SUPER jealous of that typewriter bracelet!!! MUST... GET... NOW! :D :D :D

    As for the beeswax, sorry, no suggestions here. I'm too lazy for any DIY tricks requiring more than 1 or 2 ingredients that aren't already stocked at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz: Isn't it amazing?! It made the whole trip worth it.

    Hopefully I'll be able to find something really simple for the beeswax. I'm not willing to spend too much time on the product - or money. I'm hping I can just mix it with some oil or something. If the other ingredient isn't in my kitchen, it's not happening :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got curious and googled for some DIY tricks.

    How to make lipgloss: http://planetgreen.discovery.com/fashion-beauty/diy-natural-lip-gloss.html

    Lip balm or body butter:
    http://www.suite101.com/content/diy-facial-at-home-a19136

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Thanks for doing some of my homework for me! :P I still haven't had time to play with it. Busy week :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails