Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Saying Goodbye to a Friend: Armani Code

Two things about me:

I love perfume. I love to have options.

Put the two together and you get: I have a lot of perfume. I am the worst type of perfume consumer in the eyes of a business because I am not brand loyal. I jump around a lot, and have scents covering most different scent families. Because of this it is very rare for me to finish a bottle. Not that they get discarded; more scents just continue to come in while very few ever make their way out. If I were an old fairytale, I would become the old woman who died buried in pretty bottles.

Today though is a sad day – because one has spritzed its last spritz and made its way out of rotation.


Armani Code came out in 2006, so I was probably a college sophomore when I first got it; but it didn’t get hard pulled into use until my senior year. Somewhere in that second semester, I seemed to start never having enough time and always being in a hurry. Although it’s generally unusual for me to even wear the same fragrance two days in a row, this somehow became the one that I threw on almost every morning as I ran out the door to get to class. Because of this, even though I’ve had the same bottle for close to 5 years, I still associate the smell with those last few months of college.

Armani Code empty

This fragrances is classified as a floral oriental, and the notes are:
Blood Orange, Ginger, Pear Sorbet, Sambac Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Seringa Flower, Lavender Honey, Precious Woods Complex, Vanilla


To be honest, I wouldn’t be able to pull any of those notes out by name just by smelling it.






To me, this scent has both a mild sweetness and spiciness to it. It’s enough to be a bit sexy without coming across as offensive. It stays pretty close to the body, so there’s little worry that someone will smell you before they see you. It’s not a ‘fresh’ scent, but I still feel like it’s appropriate for day. Bottom line, you should go smell it if you haven’t done so already.

I actually choked the last few drops out of the bottle yesterday, and noticed that I felt a bit sad this morning knowing that it wasn’t an option anymore. I will probably repurchase this again some time in the future, but no time soon. I have too many other perfumes to justify needing to immediately replace this one. Maybe I’ll go find it again in a few years and get transported back to college.

I think that I’ll now find a place for the bottle in my bathroom for decoration – because it is a gorgeous bottle – since I no longer need to protect the scent inside (you do know you shouldn’t keep perfume in the bathroom, right?)

It’s been with me through a lot, and a part of me really will miss it.

Do you have any scents, perfume or otherwise, that you tie to a time in your life?

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. I must have sampled this in the distant past but can't say that I remember the smell at all now. That's impressive - as you know, I've never finished a perfume bottle. Not even a sample bottle!

    I relate Lancome's Tresor with sneaking my mom's makeup as a middle schooler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember if I've tested this, but I have to say I love the bottle, it's GORGEOUS! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reductionista: Aw that's sweet. I wish I had a scent memory that went back that far!

    Stavroula: I really like the bottle, too. It has a place of honor in my bathroom now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails