Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sometimes Pretty Doesn’t Translate–China Glaze’s Sea Spray

It seems to be the color of the Anchors Away Collection.
It’s light without being bright. It’s like a blue sky but after a rain. It’s Sea Spray.

DSC05370

I’d seen some swatches posted online and thought it was so beautiful. Not wanting to fall into a mad search for the new it color though, I decided not to hunt. Wouldn’t you guess that I’d just happen to run into the one hype product that I don’t go looking for? There it was starting up at me from a rack at Ulta. I had to get it.
I think the universe has played a little trick on me.

The prettiness in the bottle just doesn’t translate across onto my nails.

DSC05368

Somehow what’s pretty in the bottle translates to borderline corpse-esque on my nails. It’s still a beautiful shade, but maybe one meant for me to admire in the bottle. Maybe I’ll do some layering experimentation with other polishes to see if I can change it into something more flattering.

Have you ever had a polish whose beauty in the bottle just didn’t translate?

4 comments:

  1. This is another case of "It looks lovely on you to me but I'm sure you have good reasons for thinking it doesn't!" Seriously, it does look really good. I didn't pick up anything from this collection but Sea Spray is the one that I looked at the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Liz - I think it looks lovely! But I am definitely one of those people who think things look strange on me but have people tell me otherwise. So I don't want to be hypocritical :P In any case, I hope you can find a way to make it work for you (layering etc.)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz: haha that seems to happen a lot. Maybe the photo didn't show the overall impression well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beauty-obsessed: I ended up layering some pink-purple glitter on top of it trying to go a bit springy. It definitely helped, but still wasn't the perfect solution. I'll have to experiment mroe later :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails