Wednesday, May 25, 2011

China Glaze’s Lap of Luxury–Another ‘Meh’ Shade

I am just not having good luck with polishes lately. I’m generally good at choosing polishes for myself, now two ‘meh’s in my last 3 choices.

Lap of Luxury was a shade that I purchased online without ever seeing it in person. From the description and the few swatches I found online, it seemed like it would be a nice way for me to walk the line of, without actually being, pink. In the bottle it looks like a lovely muted rose. I thought it would look classic while still being a bit colorful. But somehow it just seems off on my nails.

DSC05383


DSC05384

I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it. I’m just meh. It actually reminds me a bit of a poor color choice that someone would make in their bathroom : / On the plus side, it only needed 2 coats for opacity.
No strong opinion one way or the other on this one, but I’m hoping these swatches might help someone else trying to decide whether or not to get it.

4 comments:

  1. You're right. It's "meh" because while still pretty, it's not trendy right now. We're in the opposite ends of bright or murky and the shades in the middle seem kind of flat by comparison. I think it goes very nicely with your skin tone, though, and would look pretty at weddings or some other traditional conservative settings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conservative is a perfect word for this. I wish it had thick micro shimmer or something to give it some interest. Somehow it looked a lot prettier to me in the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAH I laughed about you comparing this to a poor bathroom color choice. I immediately pictured my cousin's bathroom w/ a similar color tile. I am actually wearing an American Apparel polish atm in a very similar color. Its alright, but not super excited about it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha oh dear! Hopefully she makes the color work better than I could. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's just not feeling it as a nail color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails