Friday, May 20, 2011

May Birch Box

Sorry this is a bit late! My internet has been out for most of the week, but I thought some of you might still be curious about what I got from Birch Box this month.

DSC05398

Stila Eye Shadow in Barefoot Contessa
- full sized – $18

Bvlgari perfume sample of Mon Jasmin Noir
- full sized – $80
- sample worth – $2.40

Archipelago Pomegranate Soap
- full sized – $12.50
- sample worth – $2.02

AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream (already love this)
- full sized – $20
- sample worth – $4

and a Tiny Prints card.

The total worth of this box is $26.42 (not including the card), but most of that is coming from the full-sized Stila shadow. I happen to love the shade I received, but it could be hit or miss for others depending on how they feel about the shadow they get.

I'm pretty happy with the contents of this month's box, but I think they've done better in other months.

6 comments:

  1. Seems pretty solid - one full size product does a lot to balance things out. I'm not convinced yet that our Canadian version of Birch Box is any good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished I could've gotten the Stila eye shadow, but I got something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting...I haven't heard of Birch Box, what is the concept exactly!? Looks like it could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz: The full-sized shadow definitely helped pull that total up. That could be really bad if the shade was an unfortunate one though :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. EveryDay Makeup: That stinks! I was under the impression that everyone got a shadow. You're the only person I know of to not have :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. beauty-obsessed: Birchbox is a $10 a month subscription service that basically acts like a beauty sampler. You get 4 or 5 items (usually deluxe sized samples, but sometimes full products), but you don't know what you're going to get. This is the third month I've been signed up. I've also done posts on my other two boxes if you'd like to see other examples of what types of items come in them. And their site is birchbox.com if you'd like to see more about them. Though I'm not positive, I think it's currently only available in the US.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails