Monday, May 16, 2011

Pomega5 Revitalizing Concentrate

Since a quite a few skincare oils came in my last post, I thought I should take a step back and share a few thoughts on an oil that came through this blog awhile ago through a Birch Box post.

Pomega5 Daily Revitalizing Concentrate

DSC05389
product page here

DSC05390

A full sized pack is $48 and comes with 30 little capsules of oil. According to Birch Box -

Each ampoule has 60 percent Pomegranate Seed Oil, which is rich in Omega 5 fatty acid, an antioxidant-rich ingredient that spurs cell renewal, encourages collagen production, and soothes skin, and much more. There’s also anti-inflammatory Calendula Oil, hydrating Rosehip Oil, and detoxifying Grapefruit Oil.
Pomegranate Seed Oil is especially good for combination skin because it firms skin, minimizes pores, and calms any redness.

The first thing I noticed upon trying these is the scent. There is a definite medium-strong citrusy herbal smell to them. It doesn’t bother me at all, but I am not scent sensitive. For anyone who is, though, you may want to cross this off as a possibility.

Both the Birch Box and Pomega5 sites say that this oil should soak in quite quickly. I have combination-dry skin, so I didn’t think it should be an issue, especially on the drier bits. A few nights using it I was very studious and did my nighttime skincare routine very early in the evening so I wouldn’t have to trudge through it right before bed. Five hours later when I actually got in bed, it still hadn’t soaked in. Each time I worked it farther down, working all the way down my neck with it, thinking there was just too much of it to all soak into my face, but that never helped. You’re actually meant to use this both at night and under your makeup during the day. There’s no way I could use this during the day.

This is also part of why I’m not a huge fan of this capsule system. It may seem very convenient, but only if the right amount of oil is provided in each. If it’s more or less than you actually need? Tough, that’s how much you’re using. Unless you want to throw out part of a capsule, but I think they’re a bit expensive to be doing that.

I also didn’t notice any positive results from using them. In general I already have pretty good skin so there’s not a lot that could have changed, but my drier patches didn’t feel any more moisturized than they normally do, and I do have slightly larger pores on my nose that weren’t helped by this (though the description says it targets that issue).

The price is also a bit steep. As stated earlier, it is $48 for 30 capsules, but if you' use them as directed you’ll be using two capsules a day. So you’ll be putting out $96 a month for these babies.

Though this did nothing for me, looking at the page on the Pomega5 site, the few reviews that have been written on it are all raves so it’s obviously working for some. Perhaps if you have very dry skin it would work better, but I obviously can’t say for sure. I’m definitely not turned off by the idea of using oils (obviously), but I do know that I won’t be going back for these and will be sticking with the oils where I can control how much product I get out.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using oils on my face but I know it won't work well for me. I've never heard of this brand. Great informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of them before it came in my Bircbox either. I'm surprised they can charge so much for their products without more advertising getting their brand name out there. Maybe there's a cult following for it that I'm completely unaware of.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails