Thursday, June 2, 2011

Working in Some Gold for Summer

Though it’s not yet officially summer*, it sure feels like it. The days are long, temperatures are rising (a lot!), and kids are starting to get out of school. This is when a lot of us start thinking about getting a little golden color whether through a real tan (bad idea), faux tan, or even just a bronzer. I am not one of these people.

I am one of those few perpetually pale, forever china doll-esques, of the world. I made peace with my skin color a long time ago and the idea of trying to maintain a faux tan now seems like it would just be more trouble than it’s worth for me and I don’t much care for bronzers.

So what’s a pale girl to do when she still wants to add some gold?

DSC05407

Do some nail painting – obviously.

DSC05406

This is OPI’s Glitzerland. Though I’m breaking this out for summer, it was actually released last fall in the Swiss Collection so you may not be able to find this particular one anymore.

But good news if you’re interested in this shade – I’ve found something else very similar.

DSC05410

Here it is next to Revlon’s Gold Coin. Though it was originally released with the Revlon Heavenly Metal collection, I’ve since seen it worked into the permanent displays at drugstores so you should be able to get your hands on it. Though I think the texture of them is a tad different – Gold Coin’s shimmer looks more flakey while Glizterland’s is finer – they are still similar enough to make me feel silly for owning both.

So now I don’t feel quite so left out of the gold summer surge. Are you planning to work any gold into your life for the summer?

*Summer officially begins June 21st, but I’d say that it’s hot enough to qualify now!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, would look good with a tan too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy D - It definitely would be a pretty shade with a tan. I won't be testing it out though :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking that I don't have enough gold polish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails