Friday, October 28, 2011

Sephora Friends and Family Sale–My Beauty Purchase Plunge

Despite being on a pseudo beauty buying ban, the Sephora F&F Sale is the one event with the power to make me take a temporary break. I swear I had no choice!

I behaved myself pretty well and held back from purchasing any new cosmetics. We can chalk that up to part self restraint and part that I know Sephora will probably come out with some excellent sets for the holidays that I know I won’t be able to hold back from.

But there was one item that I finally had to get. I think part of me has always known that I would eventually give in and buy one, and that day has finally come.

This is what I got.

Clarisonic Mia™ Skin Cleansing System with Boscia, Dr. Brandt, Dr. Dennis Gross & Peter Thomas Roth - White ($199 Value)

*image from Sephora.com*

(I tried to take a photo of my actual box, but it’s so big that I couldn’t make it look right. Finally I thought ‘Don’t be a hero, just take the photo from Sephora’ : P)

That’s right. I am now part of the legion of Clarisonic owners – granted I got the Mia.

I’m a little embarrassed to say that I spent longer than probably necessary trying to decide which  color to get (there are about 10 different colors available on the Sephora site right now), but this one came with the most stuff so it seemed the best deal. And even though the other colors are pretty, I figured the novelty of them would probably wear off for me pretty quickly. At least white will always look clean and sleek, right?

This particular set comes with:

- Clarisonic Mia™ One Speed Brush
- International pLink™ charger for worldwide use
- Deep Pore Brush Head
- 5 Dr. Dennis Gross Step 1 & Step 2 Extra Strength Alpha Beta® Peel Treatments
- 0.25 oz Dr. Brandt pores no more® pore refiner
- 1 oz Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 30
- 5 oz Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel

It just arrived yesterday so it’s still in the ‘let this fully charge before using it’ stage, but I have to say – I’m pretty freaking excited about it. One of my only skin qualms is that the pores on my nose never look as refined as I’d like them to, so maybe this baby can give them a run for their money.

I’ll be sure to share updates on it after it’s gotten a few weeks of hard use!

If you’re interested in getting this particular set, I would look at it soon as it is marked as limited edition on the site.

Have any of you made any exciting beauty purchases lately?

2 comments:

  1. HIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

    I'm still saving up these stupid drugstore points for the Clarisonic but I think they reduced the price of the Mia recently so I might cave. Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its is looking so much good post and nice information you share with us, make make looks you beautiful, and more then , lips care ,, make you elegant , should be use the Chinese lips Blam is so much effective
    Chinese Lip Balm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails